Friday, November 19, 2010

Way back home...

My brother sent me this video. Suffice it to say I was blown away by Danny MacAskill's skill and artistry on his bike.

Here's the description: "Way Back Home is the incredible new riding clip from Danny MacAskill, it follows him on a journey from Edinburgh back to his hometown Dunvegan, in the Isle of Skye."


I have to say, this is almost as good as the "I want to dance with Matt" video.

The scene around 4:30 riding on the pipes and then, around 5:30 where he's jumping the red English phone booth are some of my favorites. I can't begin to imagine the level of skill all of this required.

And, since I know you'll want to see the whole clip, and since Blogger seems to enjoy cutting things in half, here is the link to the video.

Happy Friday everyone! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Liebchen said...

I don't understand how some of those tricks are even possible. And he makes it look so easy!

magnolia said...

wow. impressive as hell.

i was one of those girls in high school in the mid-90s with wicked crushes on all those x games bike stunt guys. dave mirra was my favorite. (yum.)

Titania said...

HOLY COW!!! That was really impressive, moreover I don't think he had any suspension on that bike. I wonder how many bones he broke learning this. Also, I was imagining the inhabitants of those house, hearing him ride on their roofs: "there's that kid again...Stop effing riding that bike on my roof!!!!"