Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Freakin' Christmas

There's nothing like waking up early on Christmas morning. Really early. Really, really, really early. To the ear-shattering screams and wails of your building's fire alarm.

No kidding. I looked at the clock as I dragged my tired ass out of bed this morning. The red numbers glared 4:32 a.m. While I didn't smell any smoke, a neighbor or two mentioned smelling something like burning turkey as he climbed down the stairs.

Who the hell cooks a turkey at 4 a.m. on Christmas morning?

Oh well. The very nice firemen and one firewoman who was, apparently, the boss (her hat said "captain") let us back in shortly before 5. I wished them a Merry Christmas and thanked them for being there for us on Christmas morning as I staggered back to my bed.

I'm off to see my nieces and nephew. I'm guessing they've been up since just about the time I was getting back to sleep. I don't expect to see any presents still wrapped.

Have a great day and a wonderful Christmas!

7 comments:

NG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NG said...

One Christmas I woke up at 4 am to the neighbors playing Tupac Shakur's "Dear Mama" on a continuous loop at approximately 120 decibels. I'm not sure if I win or you do.

suicide_blond said...

if you wanted to meet a cute fire girl...you coulda just dropped of your "toys-for-tots" at the station...of course..having her come to you...IS the true playa way! ;-)
merry merry christmas kiddo..
xoxo

FoggyDew said...

NG - I had dorm neighbor who used to do much the same thing with "Cotton-eyed Joe." Every freakin day.

blondie - it's hard to tell under the turn-out coats, hat and O2 masks, but I'm guessing she was pretty attractive under all that.

Lemon Gloria said...

Yikes. Until I finished your first sentence, I was sure the ear-shattering screams were going to be coming from your nieces. I hope you all had a great time together on Christmas!

magnolia said...

ooh, fun. nothing like a wake-up call. hope christmas recovered quickly!

Alice said...

if that WAS due to a turkey-cooking neighbor... well. i think i would have some not-very-christmassy thoughts as a result :)