Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Aaaannnd...we're done

It took until about 6 p.m. Monday, but, for the most part, my move is finished. Everything is in the house (it feels so weird to write that), and all that's left now is the arranging. And there is a lot of arranging to do.

The last detail on the list? Cable and internet installation. Although they were scheduled to arrive between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., the Comcast techs didn't show until about 3:30 or so. But when they did, they got right to work and spent an hour or so in the rain running the line from the pole to my house (my house!) and then got everything wired inside. I should point out if they'd arrived during the scheduled window, they wouldn't have had to work in the rain. Such is life.

It feels so good to have my electronic links reestablished. Not having it was almost like losing one of my senses. Yes, I know, I'm the one who complains about our dependence on the Net and social media and all that, but it still feels funny to be without.

Anyway, that's all for now. I've got some unpacking to do.

7 comments:

Alice said...

congrats!! i'm jealous, seeing as i'm on the other side of an impending move (which was supposed to happen by today too, actually, except my bf's roommate still hasn't started.. you know.. MOVING.)

FoggyDew said...

Alice - best of luck in the move. There's always something - late movers, late cable guys, late boyfriend's roommate. You just gotta roll with the punches. It'll all be over soon and then you can relax and have a beer. Or tequila. I recommend the tequila.

JennAventures said...

Dont congratulate yourself yet-arranging is the worst part.

magnolia said...

yay for the new place being wired up! it's such a load off when it all starts coming together.

'course, i've been in my place for seven months and am still trying to get it all together. so there's that...

FoggyDew said...

JennA - Please, please, please don't say that. Although I know it to be the truth. Sigh.

mags - At least now I have a goal to shoot for.

Pauline said...

We use cable and internet all the time so yeah it definitely can feel weird to not have them!

When will we see pics of your new digs?

FoggyDew said...

Pauline - It's strange how much we use it, eh? Then we bitch and complain when it doesn't work, no wonder the companies have us where they want us: bent over.

Not sure about the pics. I try not to put anything too personal up here. But I'll think about it. How's that?