Friday, October 29, 2010

A special place in Hell

What could be cuter than dogs in Halloween costumes? Nothing, of course.

Although you do have to set aside the embarrassment these dogs must feel at being humiliated by their owners. I'm sure in Doggie Hell, there's a special place in the Sixth Circle for owners who dress their pets up in costumes.

Leaving aside their dogs' momentary mortification and shame, and the owners eternal (x7 since we're talking dog years) damnation, that doesn't mean the rest of us can't get a grin or two out of the dealio.

I'm just wondering how the heck they kept this little guy from shaking off the gator?

This might have been better if'n it were a shark or orca.

Does this count as cross-dressing in the canine world? Seriously, even though it's a lion, ya still dressed a dog up as a cat.

This dog is thinking, I'll get you back for this. Trust.

I've tried taking pictures of my brother's four kids. I've never gotten them all to sit still. Not once. How, in the name of Zeus's butthole, did they get four dogs, in costume, to sit still for a picture? I want to know.


OK, this one's not too bad.

A 10-legged spider? I think not.

Grandma, what big teeth you have...

"I can't believe they did this to me again this year."

As the great Sam Kinison said, "Can you do me a favor? If you see me working on the yard next week and around the house? Kill me. Kill me! Are you my friends? Don’t you love me? Do you remember when I was a man and I controlled my own destiny? KILL ME!"
.
Yeah, I find this one funny too.

I hope there's no water in that pot...

My question is, how did they get the cat to go along?

See, I can't tell if he's Darth Vader or Dark Helmet.

I don't know if I'd want to be the one putting on, or better yet, taking off, a doggie thong.

"Really? Seriously? After all I've done for you over the years, this ... This! ... is my reward? Thanks a lot. No, I mean that."

6 comments:

magnolia said...

WOW. those poor puppies.

Titania said...

I find it kinda cruel actually, since they always seem really uncomfortable. It pisses me of. Poor puppies.

dating diva said...

I'm torn between laughing and demanding the owners be arrested lol. This doesn't look like fun for the dogs! However I do love the banana costume.

-Delilah

Jenny said...

I came seriously close to getting this for The Baxter, and dressing myself as a fisherman.

http://cuteoverload.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/picture-7.jpg

But I knew he would eat all the bait.

Liebchen said...

I'm frankly just shocked that those costumes stayed on long enough for the photos. We used to try to put antlers on my dog around Christmas and he had them off in seconds.

lacochran's evil twin said...

Did you post this because you listened to the Cane show this week? They had a story that claimed multiple doggie experts agreed that the dogs do indeed feel humiliated when forced to where costumes.