Well, mostly, cause without a story or two to tell it really wouldn't have been a trip to Vegas, now would it?
First off, I'd like to thank J for this joke (really, it's worth reading), which led to the quote of the weekend:
"Take your blood chocolate and jelly it up your ass."
Let's just say it came at the end of a long day after we'd run through the day's gambling allowance and we had to find something else to play poker with.
As for the rest of the trip, well:
- If money came in a liquid form, it couldn't go through your fingers faster than it does in Vegas.
- The women are "Oh. My. God. Beautiful!" on Saturday night. Sunday morning is a whole different story. The men are the same shade of ugly all the time.
- If you never want to go outside, you don't have to. If you do, be prepared to walk. No Metro and the Monorail doesn't go everywhere you need.
- Free drinks are not always a good thing while you've got money on the table.
- As Rusty said in Oceans 11, "I've got two words for you: mini bar."
- Don't bring kids to Treasure Island's "Pirate" show. While the pirates used to battle it out with the British Navy, they now must protect themselves from the "Sexy Sirens." Not saying I didn't enjoy the show, but if you have kids they might be asking you some uncomfortable questions after the "Bull" sinks.
- Cirque du Soleil's O is an amazing show. If you ever get a chance to see it, I highly recommend it.
- Never get on an east-bound plane at three in the afternoon on the West Coast if you have to be at work the next morning. Trust me.