Friday, October 31, 2008

Checked that box...

According to the Associated Press:
RAVENNA, Mich. - A Michigan man who bowled his first perfect game immediately collapsed in the bowling alley and died.

Don Doane belonged to the same team at a bowling alley for 45 years.

On Oct. 16 at Ravenna Bowl, he scored a perfect 300.

As he was being congratulated by his teammates, local television reports said Doane collapsed on the floor.

The 62-year-old was taken to a local hospital but could not be saved. A medical examiner later determined that a heart attack killed Doane.

Now I don't want to jump to conclusions, but perhaps, just maybe, Doane might have thought of doing something other than spending the last 45 years in a bowling ally? Although, those 10 Xs will look mighty good on the headstone.

At least his final resting place won't be the "Tomb of the Unknown Bowler."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You KNOW his last words were...wait for it..."I can die now."

FoggyDew said...

Or, perhaps, "Don't tell my wife I bowled a 300. She'd kill me if she knew I was at the lanes again."

Anonymous said...

Call me sentimental, but I think we should all be so lucky as to die doing something we love.