Tuesday, October 14, 2008

News Flash: I Was Wrong

Apparently, when I made this statement, "Now I'm thinking it could have been the Park Service because this is right next to the Lincoln Memorial, but c'mon folks, put down the pipe and get it right" in the post below earlier today I was, *gasp* apparently completely and totally wrong.

When I showed the pictures of the Yield signs to a friend and coworker who lives in Glover Park she said, "DC probably got them on the cheap...didn't want to pay extra for "district law" to be put on the sign! There's a few of those signs up in my neck of the woods too."

I too am saddened by this turn of events. Here I was, giving someone in the District's bureaucracy credit and all I was doing was setting myself up for the big fall. Never again.

To atone for my mistake, I will hunt these signs down and photograph them for your amusement.

So let it be written. So let it be done. (And for my next trick, I'll part the Potomac.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked all the cool art you posted.
and you inspired me to buy a bike.

FoggyDew said...

Zip - One of the things I love about D.C.: The free art. I luv the museums here. Congrats on the bike, what kind did you get? You do know I was talking about a bike you pedal, right?

Capitol Hill 20210 said...

foggy: yes I know the bike you can pedal - I haven't purchased it yet - either of them the motor or the pedal ones..........silly egg.

Capitol Hill 20210 said...

omg sorry I called you a silly egg, I am wee bit hyper this morning......apologies