Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Thousand Words

A friend of mine passed this along to me and it's so funny I just had to share it with y'all. For those of you unfamiliar with the many and varied camouflage utility uniforms of the American military, the guy on the left is a Marine captain.

Now, I'm not saying there aren't Marines who fit the wide profile of the soldier in the picture. In fact, I had a company commander considerably larger than that guy, but he had a heart condition and was eventually medically retired.

I'm thinking if you're a guy and your work-out T-shirt says "ArmY" because you've grown a pair of man boobs like Meatloaf in "Fight Club," you might want to think about spending a little more time in the gym and a little less in the chow hall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They must be getting desperate for soldiers.

FoggyDew said...

Either that or he got hungry and ate a couple.

rachaelgking said...

My favorite part is that you can blatantly tell from the Marine's smile that this one of those pictures where you say "Hey dood, quick, pretend to take a picture of me but really get one of that (insert ridiculous-looking person here)!"

FoggyDew said...

LiLu, You and I must be sharin' a brain lately. I was going to write that, but I figured it was pretty self-evident. And the term you're looking for is "fat-ass soldier."