Sunday, February 8, 2009

Can't quite put my finger on it...

I have a little twitch in the corner of my eye and a tremble in my hand. I can't quite explain what's going on. 

It's Sunday. Five minutes to one and for some reason I'm having what feel like the symptoms of withdrawal. But I'm not doing any drugs.

What is this? What could it be?

I'm feverish and sweating. What's different about this Sunday than last...Oh, damn. I just realized what the problem is: The clock just ticked over to 1:01 p.m. and ... there's ... there's ... BOWLING ON ESPN!?!NBA BASKETBALL ON ABC!?! HOCKEY? HOCKEY ON NBC! COLLEGE BASKETBALL ON CBS!! (OK, this last one's not so bad.) 

Like men all across America today, I'm coming to grips with reality. The Super Bowl ended last Sunday with the Steelers victorious (and no one really cares about the Pro Bowl) and now there's NO. MORE. FOOTBALL!! Until August. Holy Crap! What are we going to do for the next six months? 

Our long national nightmare is just beginning. Sob...

Note: I am kidding about all of this. While I don't plan my weekends around football games or other sporting events, I am just giving voice to all of my brothers out there who find themselves being dragged to "He's Just Not That Into You" today. 

Enjoy the popcorn. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Foggy, I have a couple of thoughts about this post.
A - football season begins with training camp
B - the withdraw symptoms are real and really will not go away until NCAA Conference Basketball Tournaments begin
C - any man being dragged to see chick flicks of any stripe probably secretly wanted to go anyway.

lacochran said...

"NO. MORE. FOOTBALL!!"

heehee.

lacochran said...

And in other news...

OMG! I have exactly the same Indigo rainbow that you do! Are we the same person?!

FoggyDew said...

Ref - I agree with you except for A. Football season starts with the HOF game. And God bless March Madness, it's the only thing that gets us through to Opening Day.

LA - Fine, rub it in. Are we the same person? I don't know, have you been sick the past four days?

Anonymous said...

At least in years past we had arena football to keep us occupied until the NFL started up again. SIGH..