Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I tink I hab a code

Right after I wrote my post update about my run on Saturday I started feeling not quite like myself. In fact, I started feeling pretty rotten. 

I don't often get sick and I wondered what it was that may have triggered these alternating episodes of fever and chills. What is it that's changed? 

Then I came up with the answer: It's because I started exercising. It's my body's way of getting back at me for abusing it on a thrice weekly basis. So to speak. Wink wink. Nudge nudge say no more, eh?

The body's not going to win. Hopefully I'll be able to get in at least one run this week. 

Also, after a day an a half off of work, I've come to a couple of conclusions. First, being sick as a grown-up with 200+ channels and an HD TV is a whole lot better than being sick as a kid. Second, unlike the guy in the picture, being sick as a grown-up without anyone to fuss over you kinda sucks monkey balls. 

Where'd you think I was going with this? I'm a guy, everyone of us wants someone to check our fever with a kiss on our forehead...and then bring us a bowl of soup and a PB&J on toast with the crusts cut off. Actually, I kinda like the crusts. They can stay. 

All kidding aside, I'm kinda glad to be heading back to work tomorrow. There are just so many History Channel and Discovery shows you can watch about the geological history of the Earth and the creation of the universe. 

2 comments:

Fearless in Toronto said...

Aww, poor Foggy. I hope you feel better soon. Being alone and sick does indeed suck.

FoggyDew said...

Fearless - Thank you for the pity. I feel much better now. Seriously. That's all a man needs to recover: Pity. And cheeseburgers.